A tax lien is a claim on the property, real (land) or personal
(vehicles, mobile homes, boats, etc.), of a taxpayer for payment of
How To Check Tax Liens
To check tax liens, call the Brunswick County Revenue Office at
910-253-2729 or send a written request to P.O. 29,
Bolivia, NC 28422, specifying the following information:
- Parcel number
- Name of property owner
- Legal description of property
- Deed reference or physical address
Per your request, you will be provided with verbal or written information, as follows:
- Parcel number: With a parcel number you will be given a history of
unpaid taxes and owners for the past 10 years or up to the number of
years that the parcel has been in existence.
- Name of property owner: With a property owner's name, all the
property (real or personal) listed in that name can be provided.
Properties that are located within the city limits or in any special
assessment district -- such as water or sanitation -- will have a code
number. The person making the request might need to contact the other
taxing units to ensure that all other taxes not collected by Brunswick
County Revenue are current.
- Legal description of property: With this information, city tax rates and phone numbers can be provided.
- Deed reference or physical address: Tax values, legal property
description, and physical addresses all are part of a tax certification.