Technical Assistance includes, but is not limited to, the following
issues: drainage, erosion, soils information, and water quality issues.
Specific programs are noted below.
- Agricultural Technical Assistance: Assistance is available
for design and layout of Best Management Practices (BMPs) on
agricultural lands. Some practices are applicable for cost-share
- Wildlife Habitat Management: Site evaluations are conducted,
and recommendations might include, but not be limited to, development
of vegetation, area uses. In some instances, financial assistance may
- Pasture & Hayland Establishment And Management:
Recommendations are offered for crop selection. Crop selection is based
upon soil types, drainage, climate, and intended use of crop.
- Drainage: Recommendations are offered for agricultural lands as well as individual home sites.
- Pork Producer Technical Assistance: Assistance is availabe
to help pork producers continue to meet the Requirements of 0200 Laws
established by DENR, Division of Water Quality, including:
- Assistance for revisions to waste utilization plans, when applicable.
- Engineering assistance for evaluations and designs of animal waste irrigation systems required by 0200 regulations.
- U.S.D.A. Farm Bill Compliance: Complaince assistance is
available to agricultural producers with highly erodible land (HEL) and
wetland (Swampbuster) provision of the 1985 Food Security Act as
amended by the Food, Agriculture, Conservation and Trade Act of 1990
(16 U.S.C. 3801 et.seq.) and the Federal Agriculture Improvement and
Reform Act of 1996 and wetlands requirements of Section 404 of the
Clean Water Act (e.g., wetlands delineation). Natural Resources
Conservation Service (NRCS) makes HEL and wetland determinations, and
helps land users develop and implement conservation plans to comply
with the law.
- General Conservation Planning: Technical assistance is also
available for general conservation planning for agricultural lands with
resource concerns. Financial assistance may be applicable for best management practices meeting Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) specifications.
How To Obtain
There is no charge for technical assistance. Call or email
the Brunswick County office to schedule an appointment for an in-office
meeting with the District Conservationist or a Technician. Landowners
are informed about eligibility of programs that are applicable to their
specific needs through this evaluation process. During the meeting, a
site evaluation will be scheduled, if necessary.
10 Referendum Drive
Bolivia, NC 28422