Who Program Serves
The Breast & Cervical Cancer Control program is available to those persons who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- 50 to 64 years of age
- 40 to 49 years of age (if space is available in program)
- less than 40 years of age, if symptomatic
- 200% (max.) of federal poverty level
- Not receiving Medicare or Medicaid
- Have not met deductible on private insurance
- Brunswick County resident
During the screening exam, a nurse:
- Performs a clinical breast exam.
- Offers a mammogram appointment
- Brunswick Community Hospital, medical center at the New Hanover Medical Center's Medical Mall or its satellite office at Brunswick Forest.
- Performs a pap test.
- Performs some limited diagnostic tests for follow-up of abnormal results.
- Teaches the patient breast self exam.
Any abnormal findings are referred to a doctor.
Day: 1st and 4th Thursday of each month.
Time: 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Contact: 910-253-2250 or 888-428-4429 (toll-free)
The Breast & Cervical Cancer Control Clinic is located at: 25 Courthouse Drive / Bolivia